- First of all, what is Kinect2OCV?
- Why use Kinect2OCV?
- Hardware Requirements.
- Software Requirements.
- Features currently working.
- Features yet to be implemented.
First of all, what is Kinect2OCV?
Kinect2OCV is an Open Source library to obtain the Kinect for Windows V2 data feeds into OpenCV structs.
You get all the images in OpenCV
Mat objects, Face coordinates in OpenCV
Why use Kinect2OCV?
If you are planning to make an application that uses both OpenCV and KinectV2, this will save you a lot of work. It can act as a basic framework for your application which does all the basic work such as fetching an image from kinect or getting the face coordinates, which will give you a headstart and you can focus on more advanced tasks.
- Kinect for Windows V2 Sensor
- A USB 3.0 Port
- Intel Core i7(3.1 Ghz or more)
- 4 Gigs of Main Memory or more
- DirectX 11 Compatible GPU
- Windows 8.1(x64) or later
- Kinect for Windows V2 SDK
- OpenCV 2.4+
- Prefered IDE:- Visual Studio
Features currently working.
- Color Feed
- IR Feed
- Depth Feed
- Face Basics
- ColorPoint To Depth Point mapping (Not Accurate)
Features yet to be implemented.
- Long Exposure IR Feed
- Body Index
- Body Frame
- Coordinate Mapping
- HD Face
- Kinect Fusion
Visualizing Color , IR and Depth feeds.
Color Point To Depth Point Mapping